1/11/24

wardrobe contentment + blog recommendation

The phrase "cultivate contentment" has been on my mind lately. I've made it a little mantra I repeat to myself. Especially this time of year, in my wardrobe, I have felt discontent. I'm bored. I want to burn it all down and start over. So I have to tell myself to be content. Be grateful for what I have. Life is not about a perfect wardrobe. No one cares. 

Here's how I comfort myself when my closet feels stale.

1. I take everything out and pretend I'm shopping my own closet. I hang up what I "bought," and make it look pretty like it would look in a store. 

2. I focus on doing a better job with my make up and hair. I'd paint my nails if I didn't have a 15 month old.

3. I plot my next purchase or I buy one item to mix it up, usually a colorful top. Right now I'm really thinking I need some royal blue. 



At least one thing I'm better about now than I used to be is buying more classic pieces that stand the test of time. I purchased this J.Crew Factory city coat over 4 years ago and it's going strong, style wise. One of my best friends saw me wearing it and told me she just ordered the same coat! 

And while I'm on the topic of wardrobe classics, I want to recommend Ann Mashburn's blog, You Need This I Promise. She is a clothing designer and former fashion editor. She writes all about clothes and fashion! I love that she's older because I find that so much style advice is often from 23 year olds. No offense to the young gals, I just love Ann's style wisdom that only comes with years of experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment