1/1/24

highlights from 2023

January- was still very much adjusting to life with a new baby and spent lots of long mornings snuggling with Jill. No regrets.


February - made my favorite chocolate cake for Valentine's. Major clean out and decluttering happened.  Tackled the kids artwork. 


March - I turned 40! Huge milestone. I'm middle aged, but having a one year old makes me feel young!


April - Easter with favorite traditions, all day party with friends complete with egg hunt, afternoon group walk, and champagne. 


May - family vacation to Cape San Blas and celebrated our 17th anniversary. 


June - trip to Mentone and camp drop off. 



July- Jill's baptism. Had tons of family in town. So special. 



August - back to school, always bittersweet. 9th, 7th, 5th, and 2nd.



September - enjoyed the last bit of warm weather with boat rides + swimming. 



October - state cross country meet in Huntsville. Stephen Jr. WON his division. 
Laurie beat her personal record. Most memorable day. 



November - Thanksgiving at Lake Chicot + my dad's 70th birthday



December - Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. I'm still recovering.


2023 was a good year. It was also a bit of a blur. It was a surviving year. Having children in many ages and stages was the most wonderful challenge. We were up late with teeny boppers and up early with the baby. There was lots of driving. Lots of afternoon cups of coffee. I could barely keep up with the pant needs because these kids keep growing! God used this year to teach me to let things go. He fills in the gaps and things don't need to be perfect.  

I wish you all the happiest New Year!

2 comments:

  1. SB- I always love your blog! This one was a real treat because I could share in y’all’s year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Your outlook on life is delightful and encouraging. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete