12/22/23

george's birthday tradition

George turned 11 yesterday. It's our tradition to celebrate with the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls. 
I make some for his birthday and set some aside for Christmas morning. 

This year we gave him a live bait cooler and this classic toy to go along with the fishing theme. It's been a hit.


I will never forget that December day when 9lbs 10oz of the most gorgeous boy you've ever seen entered the world. He was born just 3 months shy of my 30th birthday. I like to think I gave him the very last bit of my youth.

I see none of myself in George. He only looks like his dad. 

George is becoming the manliest man and the biggest softy at the same time. "Tough and tender" is what my brother (George's namesake) called him. It is a great combo of qualities. 



Oh if I could turn back time. Ok, I'm crying now. 

Signing off. Happy birthday to George and Merry Christmas to all of you. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to George. I love his combination of manliness and tenderness.

    ReplyDelete