12/6/23

giant pot of spaghetti

Spaghetti is one of our comfort foods. So naturally with it being dark and cold and every one being super busy this time of year, we needed to find our serenity in our favorite meal. 

This recipe is originally my aunt's and the one I grew up on, the one a friend once heated up for breakfast after a spend the night party at my house. It's so good, and we loved it for years. Then, my mom got really into an authentic Italian meatball recipe by Father Canonici. It is its own category, the best, but labor intensive. For sanity's sake, I've returned to the original, beloved spaghetti of my childhood. 

Notice a theme with me coming back around to old recipes.

I always double or triple it using my All Clad 8 quart pot, which would be a great Christmas gift, or a baby gift for someone with a big family, or for someone who likes to entertain.



Recipe:

1/2 cup olive oil

2 lbs ground beef

1 large onion or 2 small, diced

1 clove garlic

6 oz can tomato paste

15 oz can tomato sauce

16 oz tomato juice 

1/3 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

favorite Italian herbs and spices to taste (parsley, oregano, etc.)

Heat oil in skillet. Cook diced onion until soft, add garlic, and then ground beef. Once beef is browned, drain. Add remaining ingredients and allow to simmer for one hour before serving over cooked noodles. I recommend angel hair pasta. Serves 6-8 and I always double or triple it.

No comments:

Post a Comment