5/28/24

life lately

Hello. It's summer! Hooray.

Let me start with a basic update. 

Stephen Jr. got his driver's permit. I'm shocked how the Lord prepares you for this. I'm ready for him to drive when he turns 16, and he's ready, too. I will never forget this day mostly because it's the same day that another child, who will remain nameless, got a squirrel bite.

Laurie got her braces off. She was so disciplined about wearing rubber bands and doing everything the orthodontist said to do that she got them off earlier than expected. We celebrated with an iced mocha from Starbucks.

George crushed the 5th grade. He's probably the most excited for summer as academia is not favorite...which is why I'm extra proud of how he did this past year.  

Caroline is the most joyful and enthusiastic 8.5 year old. My mom recently bought her a Stanley, which she totally deserved! She is always ready to help when needed and does a great job keeping her eye on Jill.

Jill is becoming a legit toddler. She is pretty chill. Chill Jill. Seriously, she's easy, sweet, sensitive, and adorable. 

Stephen and I recently celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary. I won't say anything mushy, but I would like you to know this man recently bought me a $7,000 tooth. That's what true love is. I had a long overdue dental implant. Thanks, babe.

On an average day, I'm hustling from dawn to dusk and beyond. People say what's one more kid after you have 3 or 4? I disagree. One more is one, and as they get older they each have their own worlds and social calendars. What I would give to have an administrative assistant! 

Lately, life is good and so rich. I'm constantly thinking to myself, "Thank you, Lord, for all these wonderful children." I say it especially on hard days because thankfulness is the cure for so much of what ails us. I wouldn't trade any of it for all the money in the world. 

3 comments: